Union affiliation details and terms
Thank you for considering affiliating to our tenants union. Your donation will be put to work fighting for tenants rights, with hard hitting campaigns for improvements to the housing situation of low income people across Scotland. With your help we will be building support for the trade union movement among those members of the public who might not otherwise support unions, or be part of a union.
How to affiliate
To affiliate please fill in this quick form, which also has details of how to pay the fee
We have a sample affiliation motion for trade union branches, to help in getting a motion for affiliation passed by your branch. We can do our best to provide a speaker from our union to come along to a branch meeting where you are discussing affiliation.
What does affiliation mean?
We will list your union or organisation as one of those that supports our aims and work. We may refer to your affiliation in in our publications. We will use your logo and branch name on an affiliation page on our website, and in some communications, please let us know if you don’t want us to do this. Your organisation will be a non-voting member, but you will be invited to our AGM. We provide a regular newsletter with news updates and events, to enable your members to get involved. We will do our best to provide speakers for your branch meetings and pickets. We can often publicise your events among our members. We offer our solidarity and mutual aid wherever we can.
- We are extremely busy, and mainly volunteers, so please be patient with us. We will do our best to keep up our communications, and send speakers along to meetings, but depending on our workload this might not always be possible.
We have a sliding scale of donations on our affiliation form, depending on the size of your branch/section. However if your branch can’t afford as much, or could afford more, this is very welcome also. It is a yearly contribution.
Union organisation size, suggested minimum annual fee
- 1 to 250 members £50
- 251 to 1000 members £100
- 1000 to 5000 members £150
- 5000 to 20,000 members £200
- 20,001 or more members £500
In addition to financial contributions we are always looking for other kinds of support, including:
- Publicising our events and activities among your members
- Cheap or free office space for our staff team
- Meeting space for our members
- Old laptops for staff and members
- Old tablet computers, for our members and staff doing door-to-door outreach
- Printing or photocopying flyers and posters
- We do not accept affiliations from political parties, or their subdivisions, or from landlord or letting agency organisations.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter