In December 2021, the Scottish Government published its ‘New deal for tenants,’ a strategy document that outlines visions and questions to improve the private and socially rented sector in Scotland.
Living Rent members across Scotland are running a 6 week campaign to get 1000s of responses. To do this, the union needs to be well prepared. We are holding training dates in Edinburgh to get folk ready, whether you have been a member for 2 days or 2 years, it would be great to have you as part of this, your voice matters.
- Overview of the consultation/legislative process
- Content of Living Rent’s answer (focus on rent controls, security, quality, democracy and rights)
- Talking points for each of the demands
- Admin and follow up after a stall
The training will start at 11.15am sharp and then we'll head over to Albert Square for 1pm to practice our new skills at The Cost Of Living Crisis Demonstration.
Covid safety rules
- take a lateral flow test before coming to the meeting
- bring a face mask (to be worn inside)
- do not attend if you have symptoms or are waiting for test results