During this public health crisis, tenants need rent reductions and rent holidays, just like landlords have been awarded mortgage holidays and interest-free loans.
Government and third-sector advice on paying rent during Corona time is to simply ‘negotiate with your landlord’. Living Rent says:
The only way to negotiate with your landlord is with your union by your side.
Join the Living Rent Member Defence Coordinator and members for a session on how to effectively support our members and tenants in negotiating rent suspensions and holidays during Corona time. Please join especially if you are interested in getting involved with a Living Rent Member Defence team.
We will be going through...
- Why we should negotiate with our union by our side
- Top tips from members in successful and ongoing negotiations
- How to respond to landlord's deviating tactics
- How this fits into the vision for tenant power going forwards
- May 29, 2020 at 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Google map and directions