This training is for Partick and Dennistoun members - more dates are available both in person and online so get in touch if you're keen to get involved.
In December 2021, the Scottish Government published its ‘New deal for tenants,’ a strategy document that outlines visions and questions to improve the private and socially rented sector in Scotland.
The document is out for consultation and public response until the 15th of April. This is a key opportunity to push for rent controls, greater security of tenure and better rights for tenants. It’s crucial for Living Rent to push for this, as landlord and developer lobbies are pushing hard against any further rights for tenants and if we aren’t heard in this consultation, their needs and vision will dominate the debate (and bury rent controls to another era!).
In order for you to be confident as a group or branch to mobilise around the consultation and get as many tenants as possible filling it out on the streets, there will be several in-person trainings covering:
- Overview of the consultation/legislative process
- Content of Living Rent’s answer (focus on rent controls, security, quality, democracy and rights)
- Talking points for each of the demands
- Admin and follow up after a stall
- March 03, 2022 at 6:30pm – 8pm
- Glasgow office on St Vincent Place (St Georges Buildings, Glasgow G1 2DH)
- 13 people are going
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter