Please sign the petition below to object to the Shawlands Arcade development!
I object to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the planning application by Clydebuilt LP C/o Ediston Real Estate to develop the Shawlands Arcade under the material considerations listed from the Glasgow Local Development and associated guidance.
In summary, the proposed development will:
- Adversely impact the provision of high quality, affordable housing & not improve access to housing across all tenures nor raise private rented sector standards (CPD 10)
- Not minimise the impact of on-street parking or support car parking at basement level (CPD 11, SG11)
- Not respect the historic and natural environment (CPD1)
- Failure to provide a transparent and meaningful engagement with the community over preserving some of the community spaces (CPD1)
- Disadvantage vulnerable persons categorised under the Protected Characteristics of Disability (CPD11)
- Not be served by local infrastructure as there are no proposals for corresponding increase in health facilities (CPD1)