Living Rent Gorgie Dalry Objection of planning application by 'S1 Developments/ Tynecastle Teague Limited.' to develop the site of Old Tynecastle High School into 545 purpose built student accommodation beds.
1) Sign the petition ALL Signatures after 1pm on Thursday WON'T be submitted.
2) Put in your own objection before Oct 1st to the comment portal using the points outlined in this objection, with your own comments too.
3) If you have seen this after, contact [email protected]
The goal of the objection, is to have the planning application rejected and have it discussed at the planning committee.
You can read the full objection herewith explanations of the 8 points below.
I object to the proposal under the material considerations listed from the Edinburgh
Local Development Plan 2016 and associated guidance. In summary, the proposed
1. Adversely impact listed buildings (Policy Env2, Env3, Env4): Demolition of
parts of a listed building.
2. Be contrary to planning policy (Policy Hou 10 and Student Housing Guidance
[SHG] 2016): No residential accommodation is proposed despite Council
guidance indicating there should be a 50:50 balance on sites of this size to
support a balanced community.
3. Have inadequate access for people with disabilities (Policy Tra 2 and Policy
Des 5 (b)): Lack of car park spaces.
4. Have a cumulative impact alongside other developments (Policy Hou 2,
Policy Hou 8, SHG 2016): Cumulatively increase the transient population in
Gorgie-Dalry to over 50%.
5. Not be able to be served by local infrastructure (Policy Com 1): No proposals
for corresponding increase in health facilities.
6. Have a layout or density that is inappropriate for the area (Policy Hou 8):
Largest such development in Gorgie-Dalry, out-of-proportion to the size of
7. Not provide a sustainable long-term housing to meet the city’s housing
needs due to the difficulties in converting PBSA into standard residential
housing (Policy Des 5 – Development Design – Amenity, [b])
8. Failure to provide transparent and meaningful consultation (Edinburgh
You can read the full objection here with full explanations & submit your own comment here