One third of Scotland's short-term lets can be found in Edinburgh: each one of these properties could and should be a long-term affordable home. The city of Edinburgh will soon become a ‘short-term lets control zone’, but we need to make sure that this scheme actually makes the changes we desperately need.
We ask that the new licensing scheme and control zone
- Bring down the number of short-term lets in Edinburgh, not just capping them.
- Ensure robust enforcement of unlicensed short-term lets
- Introduce meaningful penalties for holiday let landlords who fail to comply with standards
- Provide no ‘exemption period’ loopholes to dodge regulations
- Provide no exemption for purpose built student accommodation
Sign our petition below.