The proposed development of Shawlands Arcade represents one of the biggest changes to the area in recent years. In the midst of a rent crisis, and a serious lack of homes suitable for families living in the Southside of Glasgow, the idea to develop 600 one and two bed apartments in a bid to extract high rents to maximise profits for investors, is an insult to the local community. Shawlands needs more family orientated and social housing, not more luxury apartments.
Read about the development here: https://www.livingrent.org/shawlands_arcade_development
At this strategy meeting, members will plan the next steps of the campaign to stop the Shawlands Arcades Development.
** Members only **
If you are not yet a member, join now: https://www.livingrent.org/join
Covid Safety Rules:
- bring a face mask
- respect social distancing measures
- do not attend if you have symptoms or are waiting for test results
- take a lateral flow test before hand
- September 28, 2021 at 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Shawlands United Reformed Church, 111 Moss Side Rd, Glasgow, G41 3TP
- 8 people are going